-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

When Bill is away Julie Plays

Bill has been in Oklahoma all week for the Chili Bowl, the Chili Bowl is an indoor sprint car race. I know does not sound to exciting to me either. Anyway when Bill is away I try new stuff. So today I made homemade bread, refried beans and chicken parmesan. The first batch of bread I made I tried to make healthy, I substituted flax meal for oil. Didnt turn out to well kind of dry. The second batch was wheat/oatmeal bread. It didnt turn out to bad, I think that it is an aquired taste. The refried beans turned out very well however it is a all day project and I dont like them that well. The chicken parmesan was wonderful, it is a keeper. I have another bread recipe I just might try tomorrow. Aside from baking the kids(cats) and I watched the Colt football game and a couple of movies. One upon a time in Mexico and the Italian job. Both entertaining.

Trivia Fact: It has been proven that when Bill is gone in the winter for more than two days it will snow at least 4 inches. Take a look outside it has snowed. So next time you want to know if it is going to snow just call and I will let you know if Bill is going to be gone.

Well that is about all for now, if anyone would like the Chicken Parmesan recipe let me know. I am going to hunt for some more recipes to try.

Have fun in the snow....Peace

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have a beer bread mix from my sis that I need to make. Won't be as healthy as yours but it sure sounds good!