-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday Bike Ride

I figured that since I shampooed carpets all day yesterday today was my day. ok after breaking up a cat fight, picking up the table and starting laundry, it was my day so I decided to go for a bike ride and I brought my camera along.

Can you find the turkey vulture in this pic?



People often ask me why I prefer riding on the roads compared to the trails. Most trails are made from old railroad tracks so you don't encounter the hills. Hills and wind are natures trainer. Give me hills over wind anyday. I also feel on the road I have more room to manuver. It is just my preference.

Both of the hills below are headed out of the river bottom. One East and One West. I judge how I am feeling that day by the one that goes East. Nice little hill. But the fun part is you get to go down them. I have reached over 30 MPH on both of them.. Wooo Hooo!

East:



West:



Breakfast of Champions...pop tarts...brown sugar and cinnamon my favorite.



This Picture is for Julie S...look at all of that corn in those beans...*gasp*



This is the Skunk River look for the waving photographer.



At one point in the ride there were 7 vultures hovering over head, I didnt think I looked or smelled that bad but I could have been wrong.



My least favorite hill. I think it is my least favorite because it comes after a mile long incline.



Farmland:



I finally made it home and saw that I had a few problems with the bike chain and crank, what is the old saying cobblers kids have no shoes well it is the same for Bike mechanics wives. Bike mechanics wives have dirty chains, cranks and gears...shame shame Bill!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh My! Can't believe someone would have such dirty beans! :)
Cool pics...maybe I'll be up for the ride sometime in Oct after I get some training in pulling Alexa!