-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Monday, September 04, 2006

What a Beautiful Day

It was an absolutely beautiful day today so I took off on another bike ride, Bill was suppose to go but he found that couch and I could not move him. This time i went West towards Ira. Ira is this little town that if you blink you will miss it. It is a 12 mile ride to Ira from where I live. Once there I hopped on the Baxter Trail otherwise known as the Chichaqua Trail which runs from Bondurant to Baxter. I have to take old paved roads to get there..



The Chichaqua Trail is an old railroad bed. Railroads fasinate me, I think they do because they are from a simplier time and are almost a thing of the past. Maybe in another life I was a hobo. :)







I road as far as Mingo then turned around. I knew that I had the 12 miles of wind and hills to ride back home.

Now this sign can be a bikers best friend or worse enemy, it just depends on if you are going down or up. Unfortunately I had to do both.



I took the following riding up the hill, I wouldnt recommend It, I about ran off the road.







The wind and the hills were tough today but If I had not gone I would have missed this beautiful day. I will say I bonked on the way home. Once again I didnt eat right. I need to stop doing that. For those of you who do not know what Bonked is, it is when you totally run out of energy and the best you can hope for is to limp your way home.







I cannot wait until the leaves start to change. Then there will be more rides and pictures. Hopefully my friend Julie will join me for a few of those...Well that's all for now.

No comments: