-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Julie Day

The nice thing about working somewhere for 20 years is you have vacation to use so every once in awhile I take what I call a Julie day. I try not to do any house work etc. Today was alittle different tomorrow is the turkey fry so Bill was also home and his friend Dan is here. So we did some cleaning. This afternoon i took off in my car with the bike in the back and went to the Baxter Trail. It was just to windy to fight the roads so that is why I didnt ride to the trail. I really enjoy riding I just feel so free. Today I saw. A baby garder snake, I about ran over him. A wild turkey, Some canadian Geese, two cats and about 4 goats that got on the trail. The squirrels were very busy today, makes me wonder if we are in for a hard winter. This trail goes through alot of farm land. So there were a couple of combines hard at work. The trees have turned more since the last time I was on the trail and everything seems to be getting ready for winter.

Hopefully I will have some pics of the turkey fry to put on Sunday. We usually have a great time. Hope that this year is the same.

To me this is what Iowa is about..can't tell that I am an ole farm girl now can you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love to see the combines at work too! Something about it just gives me a good feeling inside!