-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Conviences of modern life.

I have had the pleasure of being without a washing machine for a week, actually at this writing I am still without a washing machine, I have one at LOWE's but It needs to be picked up...Another story entirely.

It was not a pleasure to be without this convience. I have clothing piling up all over the place. Now you say "why dont you go to a laundromat"...not this chick. Got scared to death at one, never again, Also another story.

I can also hear you thinking ..."Why did it take you a week to get a new one". Well my lovely husband has something against the local Maytag hardware store in town. He would rather wait a week for a belt to be ordered. Not me I can be impatient at times and this was one of them. But the catch is I was out of town on business so I had no control over the situation. When I got home I went to this local hardware store,got the belt and attempted to fix the washing machine(I have the bruises and sore finger tips to prove it). Well our machine had alot more issues then just the belt. Cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix the old.

This did get me thinking about all of the modern conviences that we take for granted everyday. Televisions, Internet, phones, computers etc. Then I asked myself of all of these conviences which one could I not do without and why?

My answer the Washing machine, I hate to talk on the phone. the computer can be a real hassle sometimes. I can wash my own dishes by hand, have for years. Line dry my clothing. However I dont have a wash board and stream close to wash clothing.

So now I ask you which convience could you NOT live without and why?

Peace

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would have to agree! Although the phone would be hard too. But hand washing all those clothes....especially Kyle's smelly biking ones...yeuck!!