-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Monday, November 06, 2006

What is important to Me

Yesterday morning I was sitting outside drinking my coffee and got to looking around. There was a blue bird singing, A squirrel was running around collecting nuts for winter. Spaz and Ollie were sitting on my lap. As I sat there I started to think about what people held dear to them. The more I thought about it the sadder I got. We hold our cars, homes and possessions dear to us, these are objects. People think nothing of killing cats, dogs, birds etc. However if they get a scratch on their car or if a window breaks they think that the world is coming to an end. What happened. Animals are living breathing creatures that God created. Tree, grass, flowers are living breathing things that God created. They are free, look out your window or go to a park. We need to learn to enjoy the simple things in life, the creations that God gave us. If we dont start taking care of them, they will be gone.

Have a great week and go and spend sometime watching and listening to the birds, feel the breeze on your face. Enjoy the simple things in life.

Peace

1 comment:

Julie said...

I agree totally!!