-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

2000.4

Well I did it I hit 2000 miles on my bike! Next year I hope to do more than 2000 but I will take each little victory as it comes. My next step is to get the road bike throughly cleaned. I will continue to ride on the trainer downstairs to the spinnervals dvd and if it is nice out the mountain bike has not been out for awile. In February comes Brrr or as I named it last year the "Ride from Hell". Hopefully in 2007 it will not be as bad.

I am glad that I took up riding again. I rode bikes all of the time up until about 10 years ago. I then just up and quit. I didnt realize how much I missed the freedom that I feel when I ride. The sites that I see and the benefits of the exercise. Hopefully I will learn to take it all in stride and will be riding for alot of years to come. I am past the years of being a competitive racer but that does not mean I will not try some races. I have learned that the first one across the line is not the only winner. If you try and you finish no matter how long it takes...then you are a winner!!!

"You are only a failure if you fail to try"

Peace

4 comments:

Julie said...

YOO HOO...congrats! I need to make my goal for next year! Still debating on what it should be!

Jules said...

Thank you very much...it was not pretty but i did it. I got home and my computer said 1999 so I rode around and looked at the christmas lights. Let me know what your goal is. I am still trying to decide on mine.

Jules said...

Thank you very much...it was not pretty but i did it. I got home and my computer said 1999 so I rode around and looked at the christmas lights. Let me know what your goal is. I am still trying to decide on mine.

Webbies said...

Great job! Taylor got me a new bike this year and I am still getting comfortable riding again. I might have to think up a goal for next year myself :)