-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Happy Saturday

It is Saturday the 11th and it feels like late fall early winter. I really dont mind. I am a person who has to have the 4 seasons otherwise I feel like something is missing. I am 116 miles from getting my 2000 for the year on my bike so I hope to hit the trail later this morning. I think it will be time for the shoe covers and claws to come out.

Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away and then Christmas. Wow hard to believe. We will be spending Thanksgiving with a group of friends that we went on the cruise with. It is going to be a very relaxed day. I am hoping to be able to bake some bread. I enjoy baking breads I just never do it anymore because it is just the two of us, and Bill does not quite get the pleasure of homemade bread. I have tried to culture him but it is just a lost cause...:)

Next Sunday is the Tour De Lights, Bill and I are going to ride it with the Sedore's. It is for a good cause, The Make A Wish foundation. Go to the following web site if you would like to participate.
http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/calendar/RidePopUp.asp?e=1571

Well my coffee is gone so I guess that it is time to get moving. but I am going to leave you with the following proverb. I need to keep this in mind, I have a tendency to keep looking to the past...PEACE

For Yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision:
But today well lived
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.

-SANSKRIT PROVERB

No comments: