-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Monday, October 09, 2006

One of my favorite fall memories

Fall reminds me of many things..Football games, Marching Band, getting ready for basketball season. It also reminds me of one of my favorite memories. Those of you who know me know I grew up around horses those of you who dont now know. I can ride western, English but my favorite way is the cowboy way. Hop on and Hold on. That is how I learned. I have taken my share of tumbles and falls.

On nice falls days I would get Gunner, Star, Hooter, which ever horse I had at the time,get the bridle on ,hop on and just take off with the dogs. I grew up with the most fantastic playground. A river, Two ponds and acres of land. The dogs, horse and I would just take off. I would get totally lost in thought. Sometime I would get to singing. Hooter use to twitch his ears to my singing. The dogs would be off chasing whatever they could find. The trees would be beautiful and all we well with the world.

I miss my fall rides I have not had a horse or ridden for many years, but my memory of them is a happy place that I will sometimes go.

Peace

No comments: