-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Monday, April 02, 2007

I am still alive..

I cannot believe that it has been over a month since I last posted. March was a very very busy month. We had play practice 5 nights a week so life was basically sleep, work, play practice, sleep, work, play practice. My biking has really suffered. However only this week and then I can hit the roads again.

We opened last Friday night with NO NO Nannette. We had a great crowd that makes all of the hours of practice worth while. If you need something to do this weekend drive down to Newton YMCA to see No No Nannette. It isnt everyday you get to see me with pin curls and a cigarette.

I have kept swimming but I have not been on a bike in over a week. Bad Julie I know. I promised that I would not ride on the road this week. I do not want to risk an injury. But wait until next week I have a lot of making up to do.

Here are my goals for this year.

1. Ride 2000 + Miles, I dont know if I can to this again but it is worth a try.
2. Do 3-100 mile rides all different routes.
3. Do a race be it a mt bike race, road race or cross race.
4. To just enjoy the bike sometimes I forget that it is for fun. I have a tendency to make it a job. That is why I gave biking up 10 years ago. It was not fun anymore. I do not want that to happen again.

I will post some pics when I get them from the play. Until then Keep riding and keep smiling...

PEACE

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad to see you are still alive...I was starting to worry!!
Can't wait to see pics of the play, wish we weren't so busy, I'd come see it!