-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Friday, March 14, 2008

What a nice day!

What a great day to take off. I am trying to use up my 2007 vacation and decided to take today off. I know that it is early in the season but I was itching to get some yard work done. So I proceeded outside with my clippers and trimmed my grasses. I didnt get this done last fall. So I did some clipping, drug the brush to the burn pile and found a couple of rakes that we had use last fall. We never did get them put away because the next day the snow started. I learned a lesson with one of these rakes last fall. Before I tell you the story I will see if you can figure out which one I used.



Can you tell? See if this helps...



Lesson learned...do NOT use a plastic rake when taking care of a burning fire...It will melt. I thought that i would help by adding some more leaves to the fire but you have to spread out the existing ashes first...yah right. I just started to laugh...Bill wanted to know what was so funny, I tried to hide it from him, however it is hard to hide a rake. He basically rolled his eyes , shook his head then started to laugh. What else could he do. I think that I will just leave it by the fire pit as a conversation piece...

It was a nice day today...hope that you could enjoy it...

PEACE!

No comments: