-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Training Update

I feel that the training is going well. I am not to concerned about the biking and swimming. The running has me a bit nervous. The legs are going NO we don't want to run. So we are having a battle of the wills so to speak. I am more of a distance runner so I am trying to do some "sprints"(I use the word sprint very lightly) to get the legs to move alittle faster. So it is 3 minute sprint one minute trot etc. It is a slow process but I will get there or die trying.

Swimming I have been doing 50 sprints with 15 second rest then doing 100 sprints with a slow 50 rest. Then I have been doing some distance swimming. Biking I will try to maintain a mph between houses or stop signs. I will also try to power up hills.

It is so much easier to get out and do something when you have a goal that you want to reach.

Sunday Julie S. and I are going to do the Ride for Sight. It is suppose to be hot so we are both starting to hydrate now. We will need all of the fluids that we can get. It will be a great training ride.

Well until next time..PEACE and stay cool.

No comments: