-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

What a Week

It was a difficult week for me. 4 of the 6 kittens have gone to their new homes. I know that they will be well taken care of however It broke my heart to see them go.

Bob went to his new home on Thursday, He and his new papa Kyle i have heard are bonding quite well. Big kitty sister Ty on the other hand is have a few issues. That is to be expected. They will work things out.

Stevie and Phillip who I call the twins went to their farm on Friday. I had tears streaming down my face as we drove to Otley to drop them off. Poor Bill he was a real trooper thru all of this. Stevie and Phillip have there own kittie house in the middle of a bunch of BIG evergreen trees. They were having a ball exploring their new home when we left. I feel better after having seen the set up.

Ellie got picked up by her new mommie on Saturday afternoon. By that time I was all cried out. Ellie will have a good home with 3 little boys and two other cats to play with.

These leaves Winston and Thomas. I was hoping to move them out on the front porch after the bigger kitties left however it is to hot for them so they are now running around my living room, having a great time.

Yesterday Julie S. and I went on a nice bike ride on the Des Moines trail. We climbed the DAM hill then ended up at Irwins where Bill got a tandem ready for us to ride in the Johnston parade. I thought that we did quite will having never rode a tandem together. We didnt hit anyone or run into anything. If we ever ride a tandem again it will need to be adjusted better. Julie had an awful seat and my seat was to low but we had fun. Just an FYI if you ever ride in a parade with Kyle R. and Mark be ready to duck when they throw candy they are terrible. I think i got hit with more candy then they got to the kids. Mark threw a piece of candy and smacked some poor girl in the head. In their defense I am sure that it is not easy to ride a unicycle and throw candy. Well after the parade Julie and I dropped off the tandem and then rode our bikes back to her house. I stopped at Target on my way home and then drove home, however I didnt get my nap, I was to busy playing with the kittens.

Today(Sunday) it is hot and muggie.The Hy-Vee triathelon is going on this afternoon I know a few people that are participating and have thought about going to watch but I think that I will just stay home and get some things done, maybe get a bike ride in later. I do wish them all luck. I admire people who can do that. I hope to one day do a tri, I am not a sprinter so it would have to be a distance one. I need to find someone who wants to train with me to help motivate me.

Next week Julie S. and I are going to do the Pieathalon in Adel. You run, bike and eat pie. It is to raise money for cancer research. It should be alot of fun.

That about it for now. Stay cool.

PEACE

No comments: