-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Kids big adventure

We had an exciting weekend, but first I found out something really important in a kitten world...Pooping is a spectator sport. When one goes they all go.

Friday's adventure...we played in the grass for the first time. I put a blanket on the yard and put the kittens on the blanket. You would have thought I had put them in the middle of a lake. First one paw...then quick pull it back, then another and quick pull it back...then I turned around and there goes Phillip...after that I saw 3 of the little bugger trying to climb the tree. So I got Bill to help me watch them. Well Bill flunks kitten watching 101. I had to coax one out from under the deck..needless to say our adventure thus ended. But they had fun.

Saturday's adventure was to go to see Dr Curry and the girls at the Vet clinic. The first check up. They were little troopers, we put them in the carrier and they fell asleep. Once we got to the vets Bill took care of two and I took Two. Alas Bill flunked kitten sitting at the vets 101. My two laid on my lap and fell asleep, Bill was chasing his all over the place. Two weighed 2 lbs and 2 weighed 1.8 lbs. Little tankers. We got our temp taken that was not a big hit then we got our first shots. After that it was back home where once again they fell asleep in the carrier.

We were told that they would not be as playful as normal because of the shot. I wonder if they knew this they were running all over the place.

Well today was a leisurly day....



In less than two weeks they will all be at their new homes. It takes 7-14 days for the shots to reach full potential. It is going to be sad to see them go.

My two little ones are getting real active. They are starting to fight and sniff at the food. Little Thomas had an adventure he got under the work bench then the tread mill. Mama was frantic. Finally Bill pushed him out and I grabbed him. So what does the little poop do, he tries to do it again. That pathway has been blocked by a cardboard poster roll. So Thomas will have to find another way out.

I did get a couple of rides in this weekend. Went hilling and I can really feel it in my legs. I am close to 500 miles since the beginning of April. I know for some that is not alot but I am happy with that.

Well Be happy and safe. PEACE

No comments: