-How much we enjoy what we have is much more important than how much we have. Life is full of people who have more than they know what to do with, but cannot be content. It is the capacity to enjoy life that brings contentment.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It is a Privilege

I have the privilege of being the care taker for two sets of kittens. 4 of them are 5 weeks old and 2 of them are 2 weeks old. The 5 weeks old kittens are on our porch on what I am calling the nursery. I had forgotten how utterly enjoyable kittens can be. I will sit out there for hours just watching and playing with them. It is such a pleasure watching them figure out new things for the first time. Tasting food, drinking water, learning how to give themselves a bath and the biggie going pottie in the litter pan. It is so cute they concentrate so hard and have to find that perfect spot to go. I am getting very attached to them and have a feeling that Bill will have to pry them from me when it is time for them to be adopted out. I know that I cannot keep them all however that does not mean giving them away will be any easier.

This is Elli the only girl in the whole bunch. She can be a little princess at times however she can beat up on her brothers when she feels like it.



Stevie and Phillip are identical. The only difference is that Phillip got scratched in the eye so it waters alittle however once that heals the only way that I can tell is that Phillip has a darker spot on one foot. There eyes are starting to change color, I think that they will have golden eyes like there mom.





Geoffrey is the result of an accident in the color factory. He is gold tiger stripe with white paws, that have yellow spots on the toes, a white belly and black hair over a gold tail. He is a sweetie.





Then there is Miss Betty Boop, mama. She also needs a home. She showed up this winter. Betty is an incredibly loving cat.



I know you are asking why dont I keep them, well I have 5 adult cats in the house now and 2 kittens. I cannot hold any more. I call the inside cats the geriatrics. Three of them are over 13, one is 17 and then there is Posom she is 4.

Aside from taking care of kittens I have started to ride my bike more. I rode 40 miles on Friday then 22 on Sunday. I am hoping to get out more however the weather has not cooperated very well.

That is about it keep biking and remember "There is no yesterday and no tomorrow, live for today"

PEACE

2 comments:

Julie said...

does this mean you are keeping the 2 week old kitties? We didn't get to see them!

Jules said...

Nope the two younger are up for adoption also. I dont know why I didnt mention them. Maybe because they are so young and just lay there. One is a flat gray no stripes and the other is a light yellow. Both males I believe. They are just starting to move around. I will try and get some pics of them. This way you will have to come to visit and get another kitten fix.